Saturday, August 15, 2009

1st Internet Marketing Project For This Blog!

Welcome to the blog folks. HubPages not too long ago, released a 30 hubs in 30 days challenge to all users. A new guy I have been reading a lot about lately has issued another challenge. Read: 100 hubs in 30 days. Sound like an impossible feat? Hah, nope. I have done it one better.

100 HUBS IN 3 DAYS EXPERIMENT!

What I plan to do, is to do Ben one up (this is how you make money online right, Ben, to outdo the next guy? You said 30 days.. :D) and create 100 legitimate 400 word hubs. I don't intend for all of these hubs to rank high. Like Court said, you throw a pile of shit, and hope something sticks. The shit is not referring to your content, however. You must place emphasis on quality with these. Hubpages users will flag the shit out of you.

As per Ben's instructions, the only backlinking methods I will be using are social sites, Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit. There is an issue with StumbleUpon, where in you can only bookmark a certain percentage of your bookmarks to one domain. So be ready to have alternate emails to use for SU accounts!

You have to research what you are going to write about. I have heard Court and Mark say it over and over again, but it didn't really click until this experiment. After having 30 hubs done in 4 hours (30 days? Hah!) I realized that I was going to get paid, just not as much as I possibly could have!

I restructured my hubs, and used a layout referred by Ben to get the best ad placement on your hubs. This is essential for getting clickthroughs, since you don't have control over it out of the way of the layout placing.

- TEXT
- PHOTO
- TEXT
- AMAZON
- COMMENTS
- LINK

What you are wanting to do, is what Court and Mark have been preaching for the longest. That is, find a problem that people have, and are willing to spend money on it. Examples are quitting smoking, curing acne, etc. Look for niches and products that you know people are desperate for. Yes, it doesn't sound ethical, but you will learn that to make the most money online, you don't always make the best ethical decisions! You will learn that part on your own though, I won't teach you those!

So far, the hubs have seen 300 visitors in 1.5 days, and 70 were from Google. While I have only made $2.10 off of Adsense so far, the way I have structured my hubs means that I will have improved Amazon and eBay sales over AdSense clicks. Clicks are nice, but clicks and sales are even better!

So, in 1.5 days, I have earned over 300 visitors, and $2.10 off of this project so far. Court and Griz say that each month it grows larger, until you realize it, it is more than you had planned for. What is holding you back, besides reading social blogs, or chasing social traffic? More on this later, and why if you are chasing social traffic, I have a bridge to sell you in Arizona!

No comments:

Post a Comment